Our Story

Our Story

We are Lacey Klassen and Michelle Maisonville; two Christian mothers privileged to go to Rwanda and Kenya with Home of Hope
from April 30-May 15, 2013. We've had an amazing experience and are happy to share it with all of you! For more information on all of the good Home of Hope is doing, please visit http://www.homeofhope.ca. Thank you so much for all of your support!

Love,
Lacey and Michelle



Thursday 14 February 2013

Lead Me Lord, I Will Follow

Via Home of Hope on Facebook -
http://www.facebook.com/homeofhopeint
Lead me lord 
I will follow 
Lead me Lord 
I will go 

You have called me 
I will answer 
Lead me Lord 
I will go 


Over the past several weeks, I've begun to get concerned over my ability to raise all of the funds necessary to make the trip to Rwanda and Kenya.  I've been looking for work to pay for the trip and have had several unsuccessful interviews.  Being a mother of two children and running my doula practice has kept me busy, but unfortunately has also left gaps in my resume.  I posted a status on my Facebook profile about my struggles and last night at church, someone called me on it.  

The question was asked, "Did God call you to go to Africa?"  Yes, He has moved my heart to Africa since I was a child.  I closed my eyes for a moment and asked, "Jesus, what do you think about Africa?"  The first word I heard was "Yes."  I asked, "Jesus, can I trust you?"  Of course, the answer was "Yes."  

Fear has been a part of my life for a long time.  Security has always been what I have sought; but, God doesn't want us to feel secure by our own means.  He wants us to put our lives in His hands and be secure in Him...and, once we give our lives and concerns to Him, He doesn't want us to take them back.

God has called me for this mission trip and I have to trust that He will provide.  I will do what I can, but I will leave it in His hands.  Miracles happen when we believe.  May this trip be a testimony of what He can do.

"And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work." 2 Corinthians 9:8 (ESV)


Love,

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment